Personalized care is all right here
The birth of your baby will be one of the most joyous moments in your life, which is why choosing where this special event will take place is such an important decision. At Pender Community Hospital & Medical Clinics, all of our family medicine physicians provide prenatal, delivery, postnatal and pediatric care, so you have one, trusted provider with you throughout your entire pregnancy and beyond.
Obstetrics and Maternity Care
Close and Convenient! We provide complete and comprehensive OB and maternity care all right here with expert capabilities, specialty services, and personalized care both before and after delivery for you and baby. This includes:
- Dedicated doctors, nurses & staff – We have well-qualified, experienced doctors who can all perform c-sections if needed; Anesthesia providers 24-7 if delivering mothers need pain relief; Nurses who are on call to answer questions day or night who have undergone advanced training to work in an OB setting; Two certified lactation counselors; On-staff obstetrics health coach for support before, during and after pregnancy; And, a level 1 nursery to provide babies with extra assistance.
- State-of-the art equipment – We have the latest equipment and technology in place to help with the labor and delivery and infant care. We also offer a complimentary 3D/4D ultrasound to our OB patients.
- No-cost prenatal classes – Prenatal classes to help you prepare for motherhood. When you choose to have your baby at PCH, there is no additional cost for these. View the Prenatal Classes Calendar.
- Private, spa-like birthing suites – Our private all-in-one labor, delivery, recovery, and postpartum (LDRP) rooms are designed to be inviting with warm colors and modern décor. Plus, they’re very spacious to accommodate visitors and offer wireless internet access.
- Coordinated neonatal intensive care – We offer coordination with the regional area neonatal intensive care unit for quick transfer if complications arise.
- On-site photography – You can capture your baby’s first moments thanks to our visiting professional, photographer. Pictures are made available to your family and friends through our website nursery.
Meet Our Providers
We’re Here to Help & Provide Answers
We encourage mothers-to-be to ask lots of questions. We hope you’ll find an opportunity to talk to other mothers who have delivered at PCH and welcome you to tour our facility. Sharing knowledge and experience is a cornerstone of good parenting, and that happens before and after the baby is born.
Our nurses are also available to you even after you go home. New mothers can call 402-385-4066 and nurses will answer questions at any time.
- If you’re interested in the obstetrics/maternity care services at PCH, please call 402-385-3033 to schedule an appointment with our healthcare providers or to take a tour of our facility.