The Vision of the PCH District is to be the
Best Place to Get Care and the Best Place to Give Care.
TRISHA KINNAMAN SCHOLARSHIPTrisha Kinnaman passed away on January 10, 2008 at the age of 41. She was a Physical Therapist at Pender Community Hospital for 12 years. She built a thriving Physical Therapy department, hiring more staff, providing more equipment for treatments, offering her services to area Nursing Homes, supported a sports clinic at the Pender Clinic and was active on many hospital and community committees.
She loved to share her passion of being a physical therapist by serving as a mentor to many students enrolled in various Physical Therapy programs. The $1000 scholarship will be awarded to a student accepted into or currently enrolled in a Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathology program or Physical Therapy Assistant or Occupational Therapy Assistant program.
The sponsoring organizations include the Pender Community Hospital, Pender Community HealthCare Foundation, Pender Medical Clinic and Mercy Medical Center-Sioux City. The recipient must be a resident of Thurston, Dakota, Dixon, Cuming or Wayne County, Nebraska. The application form is available online (link located below). Criteria for selection include academic performance, healthcare experience, financial need, career objective in rural health, and school/community involvement. Applications are due May 15th. If you have any questions, please contact Kelly Kaup at firstname.lastname@example.org
To complete an online application please read the following information.
Then click on the online application link, located below.
- The applicant must be a resident of Thurston, Dakota, Dixon, Cuming or Wayne County, Nebraska.
- The applicant must be enrolled in an allied healthcare course of study such as; Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathology program or Physical Therapy Assistant or Occupational Therapy Assistant program.
- The applicant must have graduated from high school and have completed 30 hours of college credit. Eligibility for scholarship assistance is extended to both traditional and non-traditional students.
- The deadline for completing and submitting the application and associated paperwork is May 15th.
- The scholarship application may be completed online. Contact Kelly Kaup with any questions at email@example.com
- A copy of the acceptance letter, notification of acceptance, or verification that you are currently enrolled in a Physical Therapy, Occupation Therapy, Speech Language Pathology program, or Physical Therapy Assistant or Occupation Therapy Assistant Program, and college transcript should also be sent to
Trisha Kinnaman Memorial Scholarship
Pender Community Hospital
Attn: Kelly Kaup
PO Box 100
Pender, NE 68047
- A Committee that includes one person from each sponsoring organization makes the selection. Selection will be made and announced in June each year.
- The Trisha Kinnaman Scholarship will be $1000.
- Scholarships will be awarded without regard to age, race, creed, religion, national origin, gender, or physical disability.
CRITERIACriteria that will be considered include academic performance, interest in pursuing a rural healthcare career, enrollment in an allied healthcare profession, school and community activities and financial need.
|Academic Performance:||25 %|
|Healthcare Experience:||25 %|
|Financial Need:||20 %|
|Career Objective In Health As It Benefits Rural Areas:||20 %|
|Community Activities:||10 %|
Allied Health Profession Examples:
Speech Language Pathology
Physical Therapy Assistant
Occupational Therapy Assistant
PROVIDE A COPY OF THE LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE INTO THE ALLIED HEALTH PROGRAM.
Click here to complete an online application. If you need a form mailed, please contact Kelly Kaup by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.