The Vision of the PCH District is to be the
Best Place to Get Care and the Best Place to Give Care.
GLORIA VOLLERS NURSING SCHOLARSHIP
The Gloria Vollers Memorial Scholarship is being awarded annually, starting in 2007, thanks to a generous donation by Dr. Cyrus Beye of Yankton, South Dakota. Dr. Beye was a general surgeon who traveled to Pender Community Hospital from 1959 to 1981 from Sioux City, Iowa. While in Pender, he had many fond memories of working with Gloria Vollers, RN. He found her compassion and dedication to nursing an inspiration and wanted to honor her memory through a community gift. Gloria, a registered nurse, worked at Pender Community Hospital for over 30 years as a staff nurse, surgery supervisor, and Director of Nursing. She is remembered and admired for her leadership, caring spirit, and professionalism.
The new academic scholarship will be awarded in Gloria's name to a student who has been accepted into a Registered Nursing program of study. The recipient must be a resident of Thurston, Cuming, Burt, Dixon, Dakota, or Wayne counties.
The annual $2000 scholarship will be awarded through an endowment, established through the Pender Community Hospital Foundation. The application form is available online (link located below). Criteria for selection include academic performance, healthcare experience, financial need, career objective in rural health, and school/community involvement. Applications are due May 15th. If you have any questions, please contact Kelly Kaup at firstname.lastname@example.org
To complete an online application please read the following information.
Then click on the online application link, located below.
The sponsoring organizations of this scholarship include the Pender Community Hospital, Pender Community Healthcare Foundation, Pender Mercy Medical Clinic and Mercy Medical Center - Sioux City.
- The applicant must be a resident of Thurston, Cuming, Burt, Dixon, Dakota, or Wayne counties.
- The applicant must be accepted into a registered Nurse program of study.
- The applicant must have graduated from high school and have completed 45 hours of college credit. Eligibility for scholarship assistance is extended to both traditional and non-traditional students.
- The deadline for completing and submitting the application and associated paperwork is May 15th.
- The scholarship application may be completed online. If you have any questions, please contact Kelly Kaup at email@example.com
- A copy of the acceptance letter or notification of acceptance into a Registered Nursing program and a copy of your college transcript should also be sent to:
Gloria Vollers Memorial Scholarship
Pender Community Hospital
Attn: Kelly Kaup
PO Box 100
Pender, NE 68047
- A Committee that includes one person from each sponsoring organization makes the selection. Selection will be made and announced in June.
- The Gloria Vollers scholarship will be $2000.
- Scholarships will be awarded without regard to age, race, creed, religion, national origin, gender, or physical disability.
CRITERIA:Criteria that will be considered include academic performance, interest in pursuing a rural healthcare career, enrollment in a Registered Nursing program, school and community activities and financial need.
|Academic Performance:||25 %|
|Healthcare Experience:||25 %|
|Financial Need:||20 %|
|Career Objective In Health As It Benefits Rural Areas:||20 %|
|Community Activities:||10 %|
Provide a copy of the acceptance letter or notification of acceptance into Registered Nursing program.
Click here to complete an online application. If you need a form mailed, please contact Kelly Kaup by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.