The Vision of the PCH District is to be the
Best Place to Get Care and the Best Place to Give Care.
When you are in the hospital, there is a good chance that you will receive at least one type of medication. The pharmacy team located within Pender Community Hospital is responsible for making sure that your medications are safe, effective and appropriate during your hospital stay.
The pharmacy department is comprised of one full-time pharmacist who works on-site and after-hour pharmacist coverage by the Nebraska Medicine Remote Pharmacy team. There is pharmacist review & verification of medication orders 24 hours each day, which leads to enhanced medication safety throughout the entire facility. The department is also staffed by two certified pharmacy technicians.
Pender Community Hospital Inpatient Pharmacy will:
• Oversee and track the use of all medications taken during your hospital stay
• Monitor for drug interactions, compatibilities, appropriate dosage and adverse reactions
• Make sure that you receive the right medication, at the right dose, at the right time
• Collaborate with other departments, including nurses & physicians, on your plan of care
• Offer personalized consultations on the purpose of your medications, drug interactions and common side effects
Current Services Provided:
•Antimicrobial Therapy Monitoring
•Parenteral Nutrition Management
•Sterile & Non-sterile Compounding
•Cataract medication preparation
•Outpatient Clinic medication supply & preparation
•Quality Improvement Projects
Pender Community Hospital Pharmacy welcomes students interested in the pharmacy career to job shadow and participates as a preceptor site for pharmacy students during their clinical rotations
Pharmacist Contact & Pharmacy Hours:
Megan Schlaebitz, PharmD, Director of Pharmacy
Monday-Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm