The Vision of the PCH District is to be the
Best Place to Get Care and the Best Place to Give Care.
From prenatal care to delivery, we're with you every step of the way
The birth of your baby will be one of the most joyous moments in your life, which is why choosing where this special event will take place is such an important decision. At Pender Community Hospital, all of our family medicine physicians provide prenatal, delivery, postnatal and family care, so you have one, trusted provider with you throughout your entire pregnancy and beyond.
Personalized care is all right here at Pender Community HospitalWe provide complete and comprehensive OB and maternity care all right here with expert capabilities, specialty services, and personalized care both before and after delivery for you and baby where it's close and convenient. This includes:
- No-cost prenatal classes - Prenatal classes to help you prepare for motherhood. When you choose to have your baby at PCH, there is no additional cost for these. To view the Prenatal Classes Calendar click here.
- Dedicated doctors, nurses & staff - We have well-qualified, experienced doctors; Anesthesia providers 24-7 if delivering mothers need pain relief; Nurses who are on call to answer questions day or night; Two certified lactation counselors; On-staff obstetrics health coach for support before, during and after pregnancy; And a level 1 nursery to provide mothers with extra assistance.
- State-of-the-art equipment - We have the latest equipment and technology in place to help with the labor and delivery, plus, infant care.
- Coordinated neonatal intensive care - Coordination with the regional area neonatal intensive care unit for quick transfer if complications arise.
- Advanced security - Your family is welcome at any time and how long they stay, is your choice. And you'll be comforted to know that we have several security procedures in place at the hospital to ensure the safety of mother and baby.
- On-site photography - You can capture your baby's first moments thanks to our visiting professional, photographer made available to your family and friends through our website nursery.
We're Here to Help & Provide AnswersWe encourage mothers-to-be to ask lots of questions. We hope you'll find an opportunity to talk to other mothers who have delivered at PCH and welcome you to tour our facility. Sharing knowledge and experience is a cornerstone of good parenting, and that happens before and after the baby is born.
Our nurses are also available to you even after you go home. New mothers can call nurses with questions at any time. Just call 402-385-4066.