The Vision of the PCH District is to be the
Best Place to Get Care and the Best Place to Give Care.
Robotic Surgery Services
Robotic-Assisted Hysterectomy Now Available at Pender
There's nothing standard about our new operating procedures
Pender Community Hospital is the first critical access hospital in Nebraska to offer hysterectomy performed with the da Vinci System, a state-of-the-art tool for better surgical outcomes.
The da Vinci System has brought minimally invasive surgery to more than 3 million patients worldwide. It is powered by robotic technology that allows the surgeon's hand movements to be translated into smaller, precise movements of tiny instruments inside the patient. It is ideally suited for hysterectomy and offers a multitude of patient benefits, including:
The da Vinci Surgical System features several key patient benefits, including:
- Magnified vision system that gives surgeons a 3D HD view inside the patient's body
- Reduced blood loss
- Reduced complication rate
- Wristed instruments that bend and rotate far greater than the human hand
- Shorter recovery times than open or laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Better outcomes than open or laparoscopic hysterectomy, including a reduced need for opioids for pain management
Pender Community Hospital is proud to offer this advancement in gynecologic surgery.